Monday, March 15, 2010

i don't have anything to blog about

so i thought i'd share pictures of something i made a long time ago.  The pictures aren't the best...but you get the gist.  This took me 3 months to make.  I'm not a fast (or good) sewer.  I will probably never attempt something like this again (at least until i have grandkids).  It took me a long while after I made it to even let my kids touch it.  It did, however, help wile away a long colorado winter.  We had a semi-finished basement at the time that was the kids playroom....and my sewing machine was down there...so we would go down and play / sew every day.  I thought at the time it was hard to get things done with the 2 small kids (Brady was 2, carson was 6 months....)  I can't imagine how long this would take me with the 4 tiny kids.  

So here it is in all it's glory:

(velcro snowman)

(you can build a valentine and read a valentine note....and sort money stored in the pot'o'gold)


(unsnap the easter eggs and put them in the basket....make the May flowers grow....)

(unzip the ocean and look for fish....recreate the flag with velcro)

(button on the ice cream....thread the worm through the apple...)

(build a jack o lantern (there's lots of shapes, mouths, etc. all stored in a pocket at the top of the jack o lantern....velcro the feathers on the fluffy turkey...)

tie the bows on the presents.  

and there you have it.  

8 comments:

The Hungry Bookworm said...

I want to play with it! It's way cuter than the quiet book I made years ago...

Carissa Poyfair said...

That is super cute! I have wanted to make a quiet book for my kids but I know it will take me months to finish it and I just don't have the energy for that!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

So cute. I bought a quiet book pattern 8 years ago and have yet to finish it. Sam got a really cute one for Christmas last year and the boys fight over it during sacrament meeting. As always, I am impressed with your creativity and skills.

Brigg and Dianne said...

LOVE this!

LanaBanana said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I can't even begin to imagine how to make something like that! ADORABLE!

Lindsay said...

That is so so cute!! I don't know how to do much with my sewing machine, but would love to learn how to do something like this! How did you do the lettering for the different months? Any tips you can give would be much appreciated!! :)

Shelissa said...

Do you have links to the patterns you used to make this book??? HELP!

Seriously... said...

Shelisa, sorry, i don't...i just made it up as i went along! I'm not a good sewer, so i kept it pretty simple....
kendra