Saturday, June 16, 2012

Audrey Kate

So Audrey Kate made her entrance in a nice, scheduled way on Monday, June 4th at 1:48 PM.  She was 9 lbs 7 oz 20.5 inches.  

Here are Dustin and I getting ready to go to the hospital....

 

Not the best picture of me...but whatever.  So excited here....there is something so fun about having a little tiny baby.  I love it.   They hooked me up to pitocin, broke my water and an hour or so later I got an epidural.  After a few more hours the doctor came in and checked me and said, "you're a 10.  we're ready to go."  A few pushes later Audrey was born.


When she came out all the nurses said "oh, it's a 10 pounder!"  I remember thinking that she didn't seem to be big at all...she was just so tiny and cute.


We went home the next day.  Sometimes I love sitting in the hospital, but this time I just couldn't wait to get home.  The bed was hurting my back.  I was also super lonely just sitting there watching TV.  And that night I couldn't sleep at all...I wanted to get home and get settled.




Audrey loves dressing up and eating and sleeping.  She enjoys bows some of the time, and other times prefers hats.  All of her brothers adore her.  Dustin and I keep exclaiming that we can't believe we have a girl.  It still feels kind of unreal...but we are so so so happy she's here!

15 comments:

Lexy♥ said...

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful!!!

sarah said...

she's adorable.

Lorana said...

Congratulations! She's a doll. Enjoy the tiny days- they go by quickly.

Lana said...

I can't believe you have a girl!! So excited, and she is beautiful!!!

Cathie said...

She is SO SO SO adorable! Congratulations! I LOVE the last picture of you two! XOXO

NYCmom said...

WoW! She's just beautiful! I want to hold her so bad! I can see that last picture of the two of you gracing her wall for years to come. SO FUN!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Congratulations! She is darling!

emily j said...

She is so cute!! Oh my gosh this makes me baby hungry. And I think she looks like her brothers but just a girl version. OK maybe that doesn't make sense, but anyway I am SO happy for you! Glad you had a nice calm scheduled delivery too :)

forget laundry said...

oh I am so happy for you! Congratulations... she is so darling! girls are really so fun (boys too :) but in such a different new way! enjoy this sweet sweet time!

Evie B. said...

She is soooooo cute!!!! I'm so happy for you guys - enjoy this time with her and the boys. :)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Oh my goodness I love her! She is so beautiful and you look so cute and happy. I always look exhausted and grumpy. Sometimes posts like this make me want to have another baby. ALMOST ;)

Sheri said...

She is SO CUTE!

Jen said...

Are you up for visitors? She is beautiful!! I bet your in heaven!!

Jen said...

Are you up for visitors? She is beautiful!! I bet your in heaven!!

stephgoett said...

she is beautiful! Would love to meet her. Let me know when your up for visitors:)